Everything is OK
January flew by didn't it? I've been spending the time doing my annual studio tidying and planning for the year ahead. My biggest news is that I'm changing my brand name from Redshine to Misha Mars! I decided that I want to represent my work as a person instead of an impersonal business name.
That said, I'm also working on some new art! I've been experimenting with cutting paper on the laser cutter and creating mini art. I'm pretty excited about the process and should have some work to show to you soon.
Here's some stuff that's inspiring me:
- I was doing some research on square paintings and stumbled upon Max Bill. I love his use of color and type in his paintings. I picked up the book Max Bill which has some beautiful examples of his work.
- Amos Kennedy Jr. is another recent discovery. He had a letterpress studio in Alabama and now has an Indiegogo campaign to move his studio to Detroit (don't miss the video). I personally signed up for a year of mini posters.
- I don't read Stephen King novels but I loved his book On Writing.
- I'm a big fan of Camille Walala. I thought this interview on Know Ideas was a good one.
- I really enjoyed Practicing the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Along with meditation, this book helped me appreciate the present moment more instead of worrying about the future and fretting about the past.
Don't be concerned with the fruit of your action—just give attention to the action itself. The fruit will come of its own accord.
Want this delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter.