The Palm Springs Multiverse
With the recent sunny weather I've been taking lots of walks around the neighborhood and visiting friends here and there (socially distanced of course). I'm even planning on driving down to Oregon for a little RnR.
I'm currently working on some geometric designs that involve a lot of layers and colors. Learning how to glue all those paper layers is a learning process for sure. It involves dispensing PVA glue into needle-nose containers so I can get glue into all those little spaces.
- I can't stop thinking about the movie Palm Springs and the theory of the multiverse.
- I've been enjoying the Snowpiercer series which is based on the excellent Boog Joon-Ho movie.
- I'll be Gone in the Dark is an engaging (and creepy) show that chronicles Michelle McNamara's obsession with the Golden State Killer.
- Spike Lee's new film Da 5 Bloods and Blindspotting are important reminders of the racial injustice that exists in this country.
- The book No One Understands You has some good information on overcoming stereotyping.
- Essays on Idleness by the ancient Buddhist monk Yoshida Kenkō has some beautiful passages on the impermanence of life.
If our life did not fade and vanish like the dews or the drifting smoke, how little the world would move us. It is the ephemeral nature of things that makes them wonderful.
Want this delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter.